Over 10 years ago, the Risk & Control team established itself as Santander Asset Management’s first global team, which not only demonstrates their fundamental importance to our business, but is one of the many features that distinguishes us from our competitors.
We understand that the only means of effective control is through the establishment of teams that operate independently from local managers. Accordingly, Risks Directors report directly to Santander Asset Management’s global head of risk.
Ongoing systematic control
Through the daily implementation of precise control methodologies, the Risk department monitors each of our portfolios at all times.
We understand that risk management must be approached from several angles; we therefore made available the necessary resources and technology to guarantee strict control of:
- Market risk: at no time will the portfolios exceed the limits mandated by our clients.
- Credit risk: to ensure that counterparties are sufficiently solvent.
- Liquidity risk: to ensure that the portfolios have the necessary liquidity at all times.
- Operational risk: to ensure that all transactional processes are properly consolidated and supported.
- Legal risk: to ensure strict compliance with local regulation at all times.